Red Markets: The Mavericks – Episode 1

Nestled up to the mountains north of Phoenix Arizona lies an enclave known as The Waterhole. Made up of a former Hollywood Wild West set-turned actual ghost town-turned interactive amusement park and a gaudy, low-effort water park, The Waterhole has grown into a powerhouse of supply for central Arizona. But its economic stability is undermined by political infighting, as sins of the now reflect all too harshly the sins of the past. It is here that a small Taker group known as The Mavericks have formed up with the hope of pulling the greatest score in history: Operation Stop Gap. A score so grand it will bring sustainability to all in the region, while setting The Mavericks up for life, of course. But first they have some capital to build, and with the heat of desert summer fast approaching, surely it is only inevitable for one to praise the sun. . .

6 comments for “Red Markets: The Mavericks – Episode 1

1. Will Schar
    July 10, 2020 at 7:41 pm

Well damn. You beat me to this one. *Throws 400 page epic Red Markets western campaign into the trash*

2. July 13, 2020 at 3:03 pm

Okay I have questions and comments.

Jason, I note you roll for the Market, when half the game is that all rolls are player side. Is this a Boom/Bust rule you’re using, or your own personal house rule?

As for Tinker, I can understand sort of handwaving away the crit as its her first time, I can get behind that.

Aaron, excellent use of your Will.

Finally we get to meet Calamity, so far a very disarming character, I look forward to seeing more.

3. Jason Brown
    July 14, 2020 at 3:14 pm

It’s just me, first time running a campaign and actually having to dig into Red Markets’ mechanics rather than running one-shots for Caleb at Gen Con, and I didn’t really know as I’d seen Ross make rolls and thus had it stuck in my head. Plus, I like being involved.

4. Jason Brown
    July 14, 2020 at 3:15 pm

Don’t worry, there’ll be lots more GM errors on my part, y’all will get used to them.

• July 17, 2020 at 4:23 pm

heh I know it’s real easy to nitpick on the back end, I just was curious if it was intentional or not. No worries. Just glad to have more Red Markets!

5. Micah Greywalker
    July 31, 2020 at 9:54 pm

OYE! What is this Gork and Mork I see here? They ain’t Green and Tough! Running from a fight too?! Immersion broken!

But really, great game and I am looking forward to more!